Jobs at Hefin Thomas
We are always on the lookout for talented and passionate individuals to join our growing team
Business Admin Apprentice
We’re looking for a Business Admin Apprentice to join our team!
About the apprenticeship
To carry out administrative tasks to support the smooth running of the business.
The duties will include:
• Answering the telephone, receiving and relaying messages
• Dealing with any routine supplier and customer enquiries.
• Assisting in entering jobs onto the calendar and creating job sheets
• Liaising with the drivers
• Sort the incoming and outgoing mail
• Photocopying, filing, and scanning
• Entering information onto a variety of systems such as Excel and Microsoft Outlook
• Collating a variety of paperwork and recording where necessary e.g. waste transfer notes and timesheets
• Booking vehicles, machinery, and equipment in for service and repair
• Provide admin support to the Managers
• Follow company process for completion of customer complaints documentation
• Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
• Carry out administration duties as required by various support functions
• The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform
• different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Good communicator
- Can work within a team
- Able to deal with customers
- GCSE English and Maths A-C desirable
- Welsh Spoken Skills: Yes
- Welsh Written Skills: Yes
Email the address below to apply for this vacancy
Please send a covering letter and CV
HGV Class 2 Vacuum Tanker Driver
Salary £20,800 to £24,960 pro rata per annum (plus overtime paid at both standard and premium rates)
Standard rate £10 – £12 per hour
Premium rate £15 – £18 per hour for weekend and bank holiday working.
We are looking for an experienced Vacuum Tanker Driver to join our team at Hefin Thomas Agri Contractors. Hefin Thomas Agri Contractors is a well established, Anglesey-based business that provides quality and reliable waste management and drainage services across North Wales.
Summary of job:
The main purpose of the job is to drive and operate specialist vacuum tanker vehicles for the transport and disposal of both hazardous and non-hazardous waste, ensuring that all work is undertaken to a high standard and in a safe and compliant way; ensuring customer satisfaction.
Principal activities will include carrying out work as follows:
- Drive vacuum tankers to pick up and transport waste from septic tanks, treatment works/plants, cesspits, pumping stations and wet wells;
- Driving road sweepers;
- Driving combination units;
- Both planned and reactive work;
- Set up pipework and fittings, and move pipes on and off vehicles;
- Completion of paperwork such as timesheets, logbooks, consignment/ waste transfer notes, weighbridge paperwork etc
- Drainage work including jetting and cleaning using high powered jetting units;
- Incident reporting in line with compliance requirements; i.e. spillages, accidents, near-miss reporting;
- Comply with all health and safety and driving regulations, reporting any issues to the H&S Manager/ Transport Manager.
- HGV Class 2 Licence
- At least 2 years HGV driving experience
- A team worker
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- Be hardworking and flexible
- Experience of working within the waste industry
- Relevant experience in the drainage area
This is a permanent full-time role.
Standard working hours are 40 per week plus a rota and overtime.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org