Jobs at Hefin Thomas
We are always on the lookout for talented and passionate individuals to join our growing team
HGV Class 2 Vacuum Tanker Driver
Salary £20,800 to £24,960 pro rata per annum (plus overtime paid at both standard and premium rates)
We are looking for an experienced Vacuum Tanker Driver to join our team at Hefin Thomas Agri Contractors. Hefin Thomas Agri Contractors is a well established, Anglesey-based business that provides a quality and reliable waste management and drainage services across North Wales.
Summary of job:
The main purpose of the job is to drive and operate specialist vacuum tanker vehicles for the transport and disposal of both hazardous and non-hazardous waste, ensuring that all work is undertaken to a high standard and in a safe and compliant way; ensuring customer satisfaction.
Principal activities will include carrying out work as follows:
- Drive vacuum tankers to pick up and transport waste from septic tanks, treatment works/plants, cesspits;
- Completion of paperwork such as time sheets, logbooks, consignment/ waste transfer notes, weigh-bridge paperwork etc
- Incident reporting in line with compliance requirements; i.e. spillages, accidents, near miss reporting;
- Comply with all health and safety and driving regulations, reporting any issues to the H&S Manager/ Transport Manager.
- HGV Class 2 Licence
- At least 2 years HGV driving experience
- A team worker
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- Be hard working and flexible
- Experience of working within the waste industry
- This is a permanent full-time role.
Standard working hours are 40 per week plus a rota and overtime.
Standard rate £10 – £12 per hour
Premium rate £15 – £18 per hour for weekend and bank holiday working.
To start as soon as possible.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00-£18.00 per hour
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org